Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm a heathen

I have the body of Christ stuck in my teeth.


Tonight, sitting in church, I had to step out to go to the bathroom because I was afraid I was going to be struck down by lightening.  All I could think about was what a bad Christian I am because I made myself laugh out loud when I thought this.

Sorry J.C.

I love my Church.  It's contemporary and I can wear jeans. I tend to go Saturday nights because I don't want to have to compete for seating with all the polished people in Cupcake County that attend the church on Sunday mornings.  

I think that the reason I like my church is that they don't necessarily expect much from me and this works to their advantage because it makes me want to help them more.  

My church does not have any official form of IT support.  That drives me crazy so I, of course, have spent the last month putting together a plan for them and interviewing companies that I would recommend hiring for support.  I am putting together a disaster recovery plan for them so they will be prepared next time their servers go down.  And I just hope to God that they decide to actually do something. 

Kind of makes me feel wanted, that they need someone to help them. But then again, I feel like its an opportunity for me to get involved and bossy.  This is prime example of when I could take advantage of the situation and get it so people really relied on me.  Instead, I want to be able to help when needed (not when I think they need it) and be willing to sit a round out when they decide to do something different.  

It's all about growth...

Except when I get the urge to snort communion wine out my nose.  That's just gross.

For the record, I drink the grape juice...



No comments:

Post a Comment