Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for

I have to forgive a lot of people in my life for the times I feel like they did not fight for me.  The times that I brought grievances to them and all my hurt and anger and they did nothing.  But after almost 3 years of being sober...there is not a lot of people that I feel I need to forgive.  I can't change what happened and I can't hold those resentments without it harming me.  So I had to change, not them nor the events.

Forgiveness can be very powerful.   I can't walk through life without forgiving people because then I'll be walking about with that soreness on my heart and that starts to hurt. I don't do well with pain so my tendencies would be to drink to oblivion.  And that is just not an option anymore.  So forgiveness is essential to my program.

Imagine walking through your life with the knowledge that not only am I capable of forgiveness...but that the forgiveness from others is just as much of a reality.  You just have to live your life as though you were an ideal you....no one can stay upset with someone that has serenity in their life and doesn't like to stir the pot.  Be an example to those in your life.  Teach them through your actions.

Forgiveness is the key to serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment