Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday nights

Typically, I have plans each Friday night at 8pm. It's a standing appointment (yet one more thing for another post). I've been trying to get out of going to this appointment EVERY Friday. I'd like to have a life that doesn't include going to this thing. I have yet to get that so called life so I continue to go.

Tonight, I was fully intent on not going at all. I had plans at 6 and I had every intention of missing the 8pm thing. But my friend C decided to bully me into going to the 8pm. So I dragged her to my 6pm Car Club meeting. Where it was me and C...the others didn't show. Dicks...

But I got to hold court with C. She's a great audience. She'll laugh at all the right places and doesn't argue. But lately she has been giving me shit back. It's becoming a bit more even sided...I'm going to have to stay on top of this because I think she might actually out sarcasm me...she's tricky like that.

So I was already in a good mood when we showed to the 8pm and sure as shit...I had a good time at the 8pm. My girls T and A were there and it was like some big slumber party. Giggling, and snorting (T!!!). A lot of the giggling was at inappropriate times; which just makes it more fun.

Just when I start feeling sorry for myself...I get to be with people that WANT to be around me. That's humbling for me because there weren't a lot of people that wanted to be around me 3 years ago. That speaks a lot to me about how much I've changed and how much I have to lose if I were to get lazy. Sometimes I have to be reminded about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment