Tuesday, March 22, 2011

After its all said and done....

I'm not half bad at being a person.  I may not do things the right way or even on time but overall I think I'm holding my own.

I've spent the last couple of days looking at myself and trying to gauge what needs to change.  The winds of change are coming...literally, the weather forecast for Kansas City is, well, mostly cloudy but it's pretty windy out there...


pastedGraphic.pdfThat was a really lame joke....I apologize!





But somethings got to change.  My weight, my motivation, my goals, my desire to have some sort of savings account.  All these things only change because I want them to change.  This is solely on me.  And, really, now you....

I think I'm going to commit to something.....dare I?

I think I'm going to turn this blog into my personal war against myself.  I hate where I am in life and I definitely hate my body.  I'm frustrated with finances and I'm woefully out of touch with my hobbies.  So why not tout that journey back from the abyss in front of all of you?

Now, one of many things is going to happen.  I will forget to post....for like ever...or I will go balls out and post a ton of shit that pertains to nothing.  Deflecting from the fact that I'm not keeping my promise.

Or...this could be big.  Something that holds me accountable to all 4 of you followers.  Which is actually 3, Tracy follows me twice as much so will always be my favorite.  This could become really something for me to use to motivate myself.  That is how I'm going to think of it.  I have the random reader that gets forwarded to my blog that I hope to enrapture and then I know there are more then 3 reading this.  I have at least 4 more I know of...but that's a ton of people to me.  If I know that many people are on the edge of their seat, wanting to know all about this, I'm going to be more inclined to follow through.  I'm trying to hype this up so much that I'll freak out and just go for it.  You may get a post in a few days that says I was under the influence of a Twinkie when typing that post and I hope you forget.


This may grow into something great.  I hope so.

So here is my goal:

1. I am going to post every Sunday about the following items:

  • How many miles I did, either at the gym or walking the "Survivor: Overland Park" winner - Milo.
  • Listing my goals for the next week
  • What I was able to put into savings for that week (even if it was the $2.71 I would spend at QuikTrip
  • If I lost any weight for the week.
  • How many activities I did that were instead of watching 16 hours of Netflix on a Saturday
  • Dishes, vacuuming, and laundry done by Sunday


So....30 day challenge

I want 7 miles a week
I want 2 NEW goals a week
I want $20 in savings a week
I want 2 pounds lost a week
I want one project worked on for 30 minutes a week
I want laundry put away in the closet and dresser


Big things to achieve.  April 22nd is 30 days....can't wait to see what happens.



Forgive me now for any lack of follow through I will probably do.

2 comments:

  1. Don't hold yourself to any of this. I won't. I would like to plant a bug in your ear that you could instead try one challenge at a time. I couldn't decide which witty comment to type here, so I'll put them both:
    Manic much?
    Got manic?

    You are exactly who you're supposed to be right now. So don't be hatin'.

    There are sites out there that keep stats on your blog. I personally like Statcounter the best. I see some interesting things sometimes. I have a semi-regular visitor in California. I don't know who he is or how he found me. I've had visitors from Germany, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, UK, China. Weird! And I can see that an ex-boyfriend is still checking in on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. I have to say it is kinda spooookey that Tracy can see an ex-stalker! I guess you put yourself out there when you do this kinda stuff. I prefer to stay hidden...If I get out and make an ass of myself..I would prefer no one know my name. Good luck with your list shan! Makes us feel good inside to accomplish something other than new resentments. This time...it is all about you and I think I can say "We all support you". Cant wait to check in on Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete