Monday, March 28, 2011

Not really a full week

I swear I started this yesterday but things came up and I didn’t get it all done.






I did the bare minimum this week. I kind of checked out this week. I wasn't done mourning Sissy. I'm not going to apologize for that, I continued to for awhile there. But I wasn't really admitting to people how much it was hurting. My first real death of someone I loved so much. I went through the gamete of feeling like I killed her to feeling like I was not paying attention enough because I could have caught it sooner. All unrealistic expectations. So I just cried and slept. I woke up Thursday afternoon and just decided it was over; I could still be sad and miss her but I was done letting it run me. So Friday, I went to work. And I actually worked. Wasn't really as productive as I'd like but better then the day before. But I felt better. I feel better.



So, that's my excuse for the start of my first week challenge.



1. Walking

I walked 5 miles between Tuesday and today. I walked 2 of those Sunday alone. I had to have a tire replaced so I drove it there, walked home and then walked back to pick it up. And when it was nice out, I walked the whole complex, which is 1.3 miles. The last couple of days, being cold, I did the least amount of walk I could get away with. I didn’t go to the gym. I wasn’t showering on a regular basis last week so going to the gym wasn’t even something that was possible. It’s going to start getting warmer and I know that Milo loves to walk. So I’m sure I’m going to be putting in the 7 miles I’d like.



2. Goals

o My goals for this week are simple.

  •  I want to get my emails at work down to a reasonable level.

I keep all my emails and my inbox at work is for all my action items. Things I need to work on. And then I file all others into other folders for reference later. I had my inbox filled up with about 1,500 emails at one time. Obviously this is not a representation of what I was REALLY working on but it was overwhelming every time I looked for something. So, around New Years, I went through my inbox and got it down to 300. That was amazing to me. But my goal was to never go over 500. I am at 942 today. I need to get below 500 again. This also means I have to do a lot of things in order to get the emails down. I’m thinking some late night working! So my goal is to get my emails down to 500.



  • I want to get my laundry off my chair and put away

I’ve got a LARGE pile of laundry that I have. It’s all clean but never put away. Over probably the last couple of months. I am constantly having to dig through this pile to find something to wear. Instead of putting it away as soon as it comes out of the dryer, I throw it on the pile, assuming I’ll get back to it. I need to get back to it badly. I’m starting to lose track of my wardrobe and when I find something I haven’t seen for awhile it’s like a I bought a new outfit.



3. Savings

  • My goal was to put ANYTHING I could into savings.

I managed to actually take money from my savings account due to a tire issue with the Cube. Fantastic way to end a week that was kind of draining and frustrating. So instead of saving, I spent. I’ll fix that this coming week…I hope.



4. Lost Weight

o My goal was to lose a few pounds each week.

Unknown if lost or gained.

 I didn’t bother getting on the scale this morning. Mostly because I was running late but also because I wasn’t sure I wanted to see that number. Not only did I not lose, I’m assuming, but I’ll bet that I gained. I went through my budget this morning for the previous several days and then looked further back to each purchase. I keep track of what I bought, where I bought it, how much it was and what kind of Category it fell into. Food, entertainment, utilities, etc…I buy A LOT of food. And I know that but I also know that I don’t tend to eat all of it. It’s a huge waste of my money. So I’m going to try to keep track of exactly what I spend (as I spend it) so I can see right away how much money is going to waste. And the bonus of that is that I’ll see what I’m eating because it’s not just a random run into QuikTrip and grabbing a Mango Smoothie (which I LOVE).



5. Activities done

o I visited the Diana exhibit at Union Station

My two girlfriends and I met at Crowne Center for dinner and then to look through the exhibit. (I think I need to add a mile or two to my miles…) We didn’t get to go in because it was closed…my girlfriend that did the organizing of the get together didn’t check. We walked all over the place to find somewhere to sit and talk. So it was a short get together but I walked all over and in heels…

o I knitted

I am about 2 inches away from finishing a scarf for my Aunt. Her birthday is the 15thand I’d like to get it finished soon. I am going to be “embroidering” something on it but that takes next to no time. I’m making the same thing for my Mom and I finished her’s a week ago. I am also working on putting together an afghan out of this gorgeous bluish green yarn. I’m looking forward to getting that done. And of course I have a lot of other projects I want to do. I’m only knit stitching and so I need to learn how to purl. That’s my next goal. Start the next “scarf test” with the new stitch. I think I want to do a scarf for my Dad for Christmas but need to learn how to cable knit.

6. Chores

o I cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge. I need to do a bit more but the basic cleaning is done.



This last week was a rough one. I’m not going to lie, I spent a lot of time in bed and watching TV. I just didn’t want to do anything. But it’s getting better. This weekend was full of stuff to do and I didn’t freak out about being away from Milo. A big step.

So my goals being email and laundry seem like a small thing but I assure you it’s not. Especially the emails. I’d like to get that done by Wednesday night. I have very little to do tonight and Wednesday so I think it’s doable.


I’d like to think that I’ll be able to make this much more interesting. I’d really like that to happen so you’re not completely bored to tears with my pathetic life. Maybe I’ll start thinking funny again.

No comments:

Post a Comment